Our Social Purpose
To create connections, build community and inspire actions that safeguard the health of the world’s forests.
By aligning with the United Way’s Social Purpose Institute to take our environmental and sustainable practices to new levels and broaden our perspectives, we have created and defined a Social Purpose that will guide us on our business decisions for years to come.
Using the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as a guide and applying our legacy of unwavering commitment to environmental responsibility, we landed in a place that aligned both, with a clear and concise Purpose “to create connections, build community and inspire actions that safeguard the health of the world’s forests”.
We are now committed to applying this new Purpose as a guide and lens by which we consider our business operations and strategic decisions for the years to come. Through collaboration with our supply partners, transparency with our clients and staff, and our pursuit for constant innovation, we believe that this new purpose will have a profound impact on our community, the industry and the planet on which we live.
Social Purpose in Action
Using our Social Purpose to guide our business initiatives, we continue to take actions intended to help safeguard the health of the world’s forests. Below are milestones associated with our latest initiatives.
- Hemlock receives Platinum rating and is recognized as a Social Purpose leader in Canada in the Corporate Knights Report, The Social Purpose Transition Pathway.
- Hemlock announces plan to be Zero Waste by the year 2030.
- Hemlock launches Lynx Opaque PC 30% as an automatically carbon neutral Zero House Sheet with Domtar. The line-up of ZERO House Sheets now includes four paper line-ups.
- Wild World Wrap generates $10,000 to Canopy Planet and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Canada.
- Hemlock launches the Wild World Wrap campaign, with 10% of the proceeds going to help protect the world’s forest through Canopy
- Hemlock launches Rolland Enviro PC 100 as an automatically carbon neutral Zero House Sheet.
- Hemlock joins Canopy Planet’s Pack4Good campaign.
- Hemlock makes business cards and Digital House Sheets carbon neutral.
- Hemlock launches Mohawk Options PC 100 as an automatically carbon neutral Zero House Sheet
- Hemlock's Social Purpose was announced at an SPI event held at Capilano University.
- Hemlock hosts the Social Purpose Institute at United Way at our main office in support of the government’s announcement to invest over $1M into the institute.
- Hemlock welcomes their first ever full-time Sustainability Coordinator.
- Hemlock joins the first cohort of the Social Purpose Institute by the United Way.