Hemlock takes home 6 Gold at the Canadian Printing Awards
November 15, 2016
The eleventh annual Canadian Printing Awards took place on November 10, 2016 in Toronto, Ontario to recognize Canada’s best in printing, new print technology and environmental sustainability. Hemlock was once again acknowledged as a national print leader, winning ten awards, including six Gold, two Silver and two Bronze.
This year, several new categories were introduced including Most Progressive Printing Process. Hemlock’s two new UV treatments, UV High Build Gloss and UV Grit, were Gold award winners in their respective categories, one for offset print, and the other for packaging.
Richard and Dick Kouwenhoven proudly represented Hemlock at the event this year. “This event demonstrates the high quality work being done across the country, and it’s an honour to be recognized by our peers in this way. The work on display and the stories told by the winners re-inforce that our industry isn’t standing still, but rapidly evolving with the changes in technology and customer needs,” said Richard Kouwenhoven following the event.
Hemlock’s accolades include the following:
- Gold: Most Environmentally Progressive Printing Project – Capilano University Viewbook
- Gold: Magazines – 2016 Mountain Life Annual
- Gold: Self-Promotion – Hemlock’s 2015 Holiday Wrap
- Gold: Rigid Packaging – Feel Packaging
- Gold: Most Progressive Printing Process, offset – UV Grit Coating, Douglas College
- Gold: Most Progressive Printing Process, packaging – High Build Gloss, AG Hair
- Silver: Catalogues – Filson, Smokey the Bear
- Silver: Most Environmentally Progressive Printing Company
- Bronze: Books, hardcover offset – Audain Art Museum
- Bronze: Brochures & Booklets, offset – Cressey Bellevue
For a full list of winners, visit PrintAction’s website - www.printaction.com
To learn more about Hemlock’s award-winning pieces, please contact your Sales Representative or email us at email@example.com with your request.
PrintAction is the leading media resource for Canada’s printing and imaging industries. In addition to publishing a monthly magazine, PrintAction produces a range of conferences and events, as well as an annual Buyers Guide. PrintAction is a publication of Annex Business Media, Canada's largest business-to-business media company, with over 50 B2B brands reaching business communities through print, news websites, enews, events, video, and social media. For more information visit www.printaction.com or www.annexweb.com.
About Hemlock Printers
Hemlock Printers is one of the largest commercial printers in the Pacific Northwest, and is a privately owned family enterprise that has built its success on integrity, sustainability and a commitment to continuous innovation. With two production facilities and a fulfillment centre in Burnaby, British Columbia operating 100% carbon neutral, and offices in Victoria, Seattle and San Francisco, Hemlock is consistently recognized as an industry and community leader.