Hemlock wins top honours at Canadian Print Awards - Dick Kouwenhoven recognized
November 17, 2015
The tenth annual Canadian Printing Awards were held in Toronto, Ontario on November 12, 2015 to recognize and celebrate Canada’s best printing, industry trailblazers and environmental leadership. Hemlock was once again honoured to be acknowledged as a national leader in print, winning an impressive three Gold, three Silver and two Bronze awards for printing.
In addition, Hemlock was also recognized with three other awards; The 2015 Best of Show, from more than 230 submissions; Most Environmentally Progressive Printing Company, marking the ninth year in the past ten that Hemlock has been presented this accolade; and Lifetime Achievement Award, presented to Hemlock CEO and Chairman, Dick Kouwenhoven, for his outstanding leadership and impact on the printing industry.
Richard Kouwenhoven, President and COO, accompanied Dick to the gala event and noted “It was a special night to have our founder and my father, Dick Kouwenhoven, honoured for his many accomplishments at Hemlock and his contributions to our industry. Also, to be recognized with awards for our ongoing sustainability efforts and for the quality of our work is a great source of pride for our entire team.”
Hemlock’s accolades include the following:
· Lifetime Achievement Award – Dick Kouwenhoven
· Gold: Most Environmentally Progressive Printing Company
· Gold: Most Environmentally Progressive Printing Project – CROPP’s Organic Valley Sustainability Report
· 2015 Best of Show – Frye Art Museum’s Leo Saul Berk, Ornament and Structure
· Gold: Books, Hardcover, Offset: Frye Art Museum’s Leo Saul Berk, Ornament and Structure
· Gold: Catalogues – Columbia Sportswear’s 2015 Sorel Look Book
· Silver: Magazines – Mountain Life Publishing’s 2015 Mountain Life Annual
· Silver: Stationery – Kit and Ace’s Blogger Invitations
· Silver: Pennyfarthing King Edward’s Bennington Brochure
· Bronze: Self Promotion, Printing Company – Hemlock Printers’ 2014 Hemlock Christmas Wrapping Paper
· Bronze: Catalogue – Ste. Michelle Wine Estates’ Artist Series Brochure
To learn more about these and other exceptional printed projects, please contact your Sales Representative or email us at email@example.com with your request.
About Hemlock Printers
Hemlock Printers is one of the largest commercial printers in the Pacific Northwest, and is a privately owned family enterprise that has built its success on service integrity, quality products and a commitment to continuous innovation. With a production facility in Burnaby, British Columbia that operates 100% carbon neutral, and offices in Victoria, Seattle and San Francisco, Hemlock is consistently recognized as an industry leader in both quality and sustainability.